Becoming an Employer
September 6 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
This workshop aims to help you understand the process of employing people. It will also deal with legal obligations and point you in the direction of further assistance.
The workshop will examine:
- preliminary steps such as job descriptions and salary
- recruiting new staff
- how to confirm a job offer
- registering as an employer with HMRC
- your obligations when an employee starts work
- health and safety legislation and employers’ liability insurance
- managing staff performance
By the end of the workshop you will have a structured plan for taking on staff.