Do you want to grow your business & help put Paisley on the map?
Working within the creative retail, fashion, textiles, jewellery, crafts, makers sectors?
The Invest in Renfrewshire Incubator Hub (InCube) is a fantastic opportunity to launch or grow your own creative business with funding and support from industry specialists and advisors.
Winning entrepreneurs will win a package of support for up to 9 months including:
- Free office & meeting space in modern & fully equipped premises in Paisley town centre, with free IT, video conferencing and WiFi.
- Access to funding
- Advisory support on e-commerce, branding, website & social media
- Access to a range of workshops on the “how to” aspects of making your business successful eg marketing, book-keeping, sales, customer service, business growth planning
- Access to free retail space in InCube shop to showcase/sell your own products
- Business advisory support
- Business mentoring within a creative, supportive environment.
- Access to high profile networking events
The InCube programme is tailored to the needs of emerging creative retail businesses including those in the fashion, textile, jewellery and craft sectors.
Successful applicants (InCubees) will attend the core programme for up to 2 days per week with hot desks /business development space being available a further 3 days per week on an optional and pre-bookable basis. The core programme will be delivered over 6 months with workshops delivered by industry experts and a variety of sessions including Inspirers sessions, workshops, mentoring and business planning sessions.
Advice and support will be available for branding, website creation & management, social media and e-commerce.
InCubees will also have the opportunity to sell their products at InCube shop.
What Will Be Expected of “InCubees”?
Commit to the core programme, with support available for up to 9 months.
Follow up on any required actions or development work as identified in workshops and one-to-one sessions.
Commit and actively contribute to the mentoring programme.
Act as an advocate for InCube and InCube Shop.
Take an active role in promoting and selling their products through InCube Shop and to participate in events such as “Meet the Maker”.
Take responsibility for fulfilling customer orders and delivering high standards of customer care for their own products stocked in the InCube shop.
Display the InCube logo on your websites etc and acknowledge InCube in any press releases or publicity.
Take part in any additional activities such as events, pop-up markets etc, as is deemed beneficial.
Step 1 Complete the registration form. The InCube team will get in touch with eligible applicants & issue a Business Plan template.
Step 2 Submission of Business Plan for short listing to Pitching Panel
Step 3 Eligible applicants will be invited to a Pitching Panel to discuss their business idea & products.
Please note: applicants need to ensure that sufficient time is allowed for completion and return of business plan – it is this plan which will be scored and used to determine which applications are being taken forward to the Pitching panel.
Apply from: Tuesday 3rd July
Closing date for applications: Monday 12th August
Pitching panel: Friday 23rd August
Winners Announced: Monday 26th August
Induction date: Monday 9th September
Start date: Wednesday 11th September (and Wednesdays thereafter)
InCube applications are open to individuals and/or businesses that:
- Based in Renfrewshire or considering setting up In Renfrewshire
- Can commit to attending the core programme – approximately 2 days per week.
Applications are open to creative retail, fashion, textiles, jewellery, crafts, makers businesses serving a niche market which will not adversely affect other retailers in the area. Businesses in the following sectors are not eligible to apply; the sex industry, politics, religion, nude or semi nude modelling or photography, gambling, multi level marketing/pyramid selling.
Sole traders, social enterprises, partnerships, limited liability partnerships and limited companies are all eligible.
Applications will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Originality of the business idea – innovative, creative business which will be based in Renfrewshire
- Entrepreneurial qualities – enthusiasm, ambition, drive & perseverance, creativity
- Skills required to run & grow a business
- A well prepared business plan
- Risk awareness
- A clear vision for growing your business with the potential to reach outwith the area
- How well does the business contribute to development plans around Paisley town centre & local economic & social strategies?
Applications are now welcome. Terms & conditions apply.
Find us on http://incube.ren